Love Your 9 to 5
Find Your Professional Path with Michael Alan Tate
Do you wonder if you are in the right career for yourself? Ever wonder if you could do better elsewhere? Maybe even go out on your own? Michael shares with us some of his practical insights into these really tough life decisions. This is a must-listen-to episode!
Michael was trained by, best-selling author of What Color is Your Parachute, Richard Nelson Bolles.
Here are some points to consider when experiencing a career change:
- How do you know this is the final stop for you or if you're on the road to somewhere else?
- What would you do even for free?
- Find the right fit inside of organizations or leave on good terms.
- Take the time to introspect and look back at your career legacy, there's a list of what your family has done for you.
- Research what makes you feel alive and what drains your energy?
- There is no real job system that's filled by resumes, most jobs are filled by word of mouth and referrals.
- Don't go it alone! Two is better that one.
- Follow your ears not your heart. What language to you like to be around, what do you like to hear?
Reach out to Mike!